REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: ADVERTISING AGENCY SERVICES
Tourism Industry Recovery, II
Proposals due on or before 5:00 p.m. CDT on April 17, 2023
This RFP has been issued to seek qualified firms who have a working knowledge of the tourism industry and can demonstrate the necessary experience to produce messaging and ad design and provide placement strategy for our leisure travel market. Although it is our intent to contract with the person/company that best meets the qualifications to complete the scope of work, TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT may terminate the negotiations if they are unsuccessful in reaching an agreement on all matters including the scope of work and cost.
TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT intends to contract with a qualified agency to support its continued recovery efforts, stemmed from the negative economic impacts of COVID-19. This contract will be funded through federal ARPA dollars for Mississippi Tourism Recovery, II.
This RFP in no way commits TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT to award a contract, to pay any costs in preparation of a proposal, or to contract for the goods and/or services offered. Although it is TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT’s intent to contract with the person/company that best meets the qualifications to complete the scope of work, TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT may terminate the negotiations if they are unsuccessful in reaching an agreement on all matters including the scope of work and cost.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT wishes to employ an outside agency to produce an overall creative strategy spanning at least 24 months, including destination marketing and messaging; design and creation of various collateral pieces, both for use as print and digital; and integrated marketing activities, including digital marketing, social media strategies, traditional print, broadcast media and others relevant components.
The agency should recommend an overall media creation and placement strategy to clearly position Tate County to visitors as an affordable and attractive open destination for those who enjoy traveling, specifically in its top drive markets. It will be imperative to ensure this scope of services adheres to any changing public health guidelines and is conveyed in an informed manner.
The selected agency’s responsibilities will include the below:
- Update, digitally publish, and print destination guides, brochures, sales kits, and other relevant Hattiesburg marketing materials
- Create a portfolio of new marketing assets, including photos, videos, and testimonials, for use in promotional materials and sustainable travel campaign.
- Create campaigns for niche visitor segments based on behavior and travel trends (road trips, girlfriend getaways, pet-friendly, etc.).
- Create and promote “Stay & Play” packages.
- Develop campaign to attract visitors to each of TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT’s defined markets.
- Execute digital, print, broadcast, and social media marketing campaigns through location and behavioral targeting.
- Target potential visitors searching for TATE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT or a competing market through programmatic buys.
- Secure contracts with an Online Travel Agency (OTA)
- Create printed direct mailing pieces.
- Update and/or add in-market signage/kiosks at main attractions and hotels.
- Create and place billboard ads in key visitor markets.
Note that all answers regarding questions and request for clarification for this RFP will be responded to publicly consistent with the schedule below to ensure that all respondents have the same information.
Email name, title, with any questions by date, April 17, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. CDT at [email protected]. No calls, please.
See additional details below.