Only 14 spaces available . . .
build a scarecrow and come hang with us!
The Scarecrow Row contest is open to individuals, families, clubs, groups and businesses. One entry per person, family, group or business. One winner, to be chosen by public vote, will receive a $25 prize package, a newspaper picture and bragging rights.
- You will be assigned an 8’ X 8’ display area on the front lawn of the Tate County Courthouse. Your space assignment will be made via email, on Wednesday, October 5th.
- Scarecrows MUST be installed by October 9th. Entries not on display at 8 am on Monday, October 10th are disqualified from winning.
- Displays will remain up for viewing October 10th-31st but must cleanly removed on November 1st.
- Scarecrows must be durable, able to withstand sun and rain, and each must be securely staked to the ground.
- Each scarecrow must include a sign, not larger than 18” x 24”, identifying who the entry represents. No advertising or political statements are allowed.
- Scarecrow Row is a family-friendly contest. At the sponsor’s discretion, especially violent, gruesome or bloody entries will not be allowed.
Entry deadline is Monday, October 3rd at 4:00 p.m.