Float Judging Guidelines:
All floats will be judged and awards presented, based on the following criteria:
- 50% – Compliance with and Interpretation of Theme
- 25% – Creativity, Artistic Design and Originality
- 25% – Overall Appearance & Presentation
Rules and Regulations:
- All entered vehicles, including those pulling floats, must be decorated for Christmas. This year’s theme: A Fairytale Christmas
- Only decorated entries will be permitted to participate! EXCEPTIONS made for Antique vehicles or those carrying dignitaries.
- Only the “official” Santa Claus is allowed in the Parade; no other live Santa Clauses are allowed.
- All entries must be pre-registered.
- Please have signs on both sides of your entry identifying who you represent.
- Nothing is to be thrown into the crowd. This includes candy, beads, stickers, etc. Candy may be passed out by walkers affiliated with parade entries.
- Please keep a safe distance between each entry. Drive in a straight line, no weaving in and out or erratic driving!
- All floats need to be in line by 6:00 pm and all other entries by 6:30 pm. Parade starts at 7 pm.
- PLEASE HAVE ALL PARTICIPANTS ON THE FLOATS OR WITH YOUR ENTRY BY 6:45 pm.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STOPPING! The parade must move at all times. Bands and dance groups can play as they march, but may not stop to perform.
- All dancing and other activities must be family-oriented. Lewd, vulgar dancing or inappropriate behavior will result in removal from the parade with entry fees forfeited.
- ANY MUSIC PLAYED MUST BE SEASONAL MUSIC! Non-seasonal music is not allowed.
- No motorcycles, ATV’s or horses allowed
- Limit of 3 total “street vehicles” per entry. All vehicles must:
- Represent a recognized club, church, organization, school or business, OR
- Have antique car tags. This includes both car clubs and individuals. Antique entries are not limited to 3 vehicles.
- Any driver of any motorized vehicle must carry a valid driver’s license.