Tate County MS Community Development is a multi-faceted program, designed to further our 3 guiding development principles:
- Emphasize and improve upon the unique assets of a community - the "inside-out" approach.
- Manage a set of interrelated activities that - directly and indirectly - create, expand and recruit businesses.
- Design and manage programs within economic regions, without regard to traditional political boundaries.
The wide range of goals are carried out by different groups within the organization:
- Education and workforce development - Work to certify the overall citizenry with marketable workforce skills for the "New Economy", emphasizing "Cradle-to-Grave" learning. Includes "Town and Gown" initiatives with NWCC, as well as support for cutting-edge educational programs through "Excel-by-5", local schools, MDES, MDA, etc.
- Small business development & entrepreneurship - Enhance opportunities for both start-ups and existing small businesses. Employ cutting-edge methods to increase entrepreneurs among all ages, especially innovative and high-tech start-ups.
- Senatobia Main Street - Partner with national and state Main Street organizations to implement comprehensive program to enhance and revitalize Downtown Senatobia. Includes Chamber of Commerce activities as well as Tourism/Retiree Attraction. Priorities include renovated storefronts, parks and other common areas, downtown housing, restaurants and events.
- Other Initiatives - All other community development assessing, resource-building and improvements, including in Coldwater and throughout Tate County. Other chamber of commerce activities, including Gov't Relations and Leadership Tate County (Adult and Youth).